Thanks for showing up to read about my half marathon training and involvement with the LIVESTRONG cancer foundation. Here’s a little bit about myself:
- I have been a LS leader since 2008 and participated in the LS summit in Columbus and Dublin. I’ve been a participant of the Austin Challenge 2006-2011, and the Philly Challenge and Ride for the Roses in 2011. Together, WE have raised more than $20,000 for LIVESTRONG in the last 6 years (it was a true team effort); I organized events for LIVESTRONG Day for the last 4 years and purchased/distributed more than 1,000 yellow wristbands.
- I have been demanding change on a federal and regional level (most recently when it came to the ban of tanning bed for people under the age of 18 in Germany). I’m aiming for a degree in education, so educating others is right up my alley 😉 I’m talking about (skin) cancer in schools and universities or other groups and write about my experience with cancer and LIVESTRONG on blogs.
- I’m also participating in numerous online campaigns to fight the stigma of cancer and educate people about cancer survivorship in general and LIVESTRONG‘s programs in particular. As an advocate for young adults with cancer, I’m raising awareness for the specific challenges this group of cancer survivors face
In 2012, I’m raising money for LIVESTRONG through two events (thus far) – and I’d appreciate your support (no amount is too small when it comes to supporting the foundation):
- the 2012 LIVESTRONG Austin Half Marathon in February: http://laf.livestrong.org/goto/henrike
- the Philly LIVESTRONG Challenge in August: http://laf.livestrong.org/goto/survivor